Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Taos Toolbox--Week 2

It's the second week in the Taos Ski Valley and my life has turned to one of eating, sleeping, going to class, wracking my brain for story ideas, and critiquing, and critiquing, and critiquing... Did I mention I critique a lot? This is a good thing. Walter and Nancy have definitely kept me busy. And my fellow toolboxers have kept the bar high. With so many (apparently) hard workers, I feel somewhat guilty I'm blogging. However, with someone strumming on his ukulele and singing as I write this, I don't feel too guilty. I suspect others have had and are having break-time adventures. I suppose I could ask them what they do on the their down time. But I am shy. And it's funner (more fun?) to invent something. Consider: Taos Toolbox: A Seedy and Exotic Writing Adventure.

It's not all work and no play, however. I went to Taos Pueblo yesterday, which seemed a lot like Taos, except the Native Americans were the proprietors of the tourist shops. I watched Casablanca for the first time and Walter stopped it at appropriate times for analysis. I also watched Memento, a favorite of mine, made back when Chris Nolan was not making blockbusters. Then I hit the rye whiskey a little hard one night. Ah, alcohol at altitude... Maybe one of these remaining days I will have a seedy and exotic writing adventure. What happens at Taos Toolbox...

I'm having tons of fun and learning so much. Who knows? Maybe my next sale will be a New York Times Bestseller. With the way print media is going (Borders Books declared it was going under today), I'll be more likely to get on the Kindle Bestseller List. And Paris the Ankle Fracture has become more an annoyance rather than a pain.

Till the next blog post...

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic hearing from you from Taos again, especially knowing how busy they keep you. Insanely jealous and happy for you,
    --
    Niki

    ReplyDelete