Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Regular Writing Wednesday: Progress Report, in which I steal from Matthew Rotundo

It was Thursday night. Or early Friday morning, depending on your perspective. I needed to write something. Something that at least pretended to be thought-provoking, philosophical. Because, you see, I had decided to have a weekly blog post about philosophical musings. I called it "Fairly Philosophical Friday." I have an obligation to the few followers who currently follow this blog. I wrote something about an aspect of a movie I'd seen a few weeks ago. Then I looked it over really quick, just to make sure I hadn't made any grievous errors. Then I scheduled for it to post at 10:30 Friday morning. With that obligation met, I could then go to bed.

Since "Fairly Philosophical Friday" is forcing me to write, I think it wise to do the same with writing in general. I'm going to have a weekly writing blog post I think I'll call "Regular Writing Wednesday." It might be posts about writing related topics, but I also want it to be a progress report of sorts. I know at least one other writer who does this on a regular basis. He calls his blog posts by the highly creative title "Progress Report," though he often has snarky subtitles. So, Matthew Rotundo, I'm stealing from you.

What have I been doing this past week, writing wise? Well, I finished a story that's due on the 15th and took another stab at rewriting my Urban Fantasy novel, which my Muse refuses to inspire me all the way to the end. But I may have found a solution to that. I'm still contemplating all the implications of that solution, so I won't babble about that just yet. If ever. Gotta have some suspense, right? Even in a blog post.

As I write (actually, speak, but that's a topic for another day) these words, it is close to 9:00 p.m. on a Wednesday evening. Next week, I'm going to try to post it at a regular time. Since "Fairly Philosophical Friday" hits at 10:30, I think I'll do the same with this series. Till then...or, until Friday, when you can read me again...

No comments:

Post a Comment